Basic Rider Course
Motorcycles, Helmets and Gloves are provided.
Although called the Basic Course, the skills developed and practiced in this course benefit even the most experienced riders. We assist you in developing your level of riding, using the MSF evaluation and coaching methods polished with years of practice and dedication. We want you to to be your best. We want you to reach your goals. This course was developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and has "evolved" through the years. It contains approximately 16 hours of instruction, both classroom and on-motorcycle training. We maintain a successful completion rate of over 93% of our students. Successful completion of this course can waive the riding portion of the State motorcycle licensing exam in most cases. The course is a pass or fail course. Requires 100% attendance, successful completion of a knowledge test and on-motorcycle skills evaluation. Tuition reserves a specific place (seat) in one class.
Qualifications for this course:
- Be at least 15 years old. If 15 but younger than 18, you must present either a Class "C" instructional permit or an unrestricted Class "C" driver's license.
If you are a minor (15 or younger than18), parent or guardian must sign all documents for class.
- Be mentally and physically capable of being licensed as a motorcycle operator in Texas.
- Proper full protective gear during all on-cycle instruction, including:
- D.O.T. Helmet (Loaner helmets are available)
- Eye protection (i.e. face shield, goggles or glasses)
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes. Leather high tops are fine.
- Boots should be low heeled and designed for motorcycles, not horses.
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket so arms are completely covered
- Long, non-flared denim pants or equivalent (i.e. jeans)
- Full fingered gloves, preferably with at least leather palms
- Rain gear is optional, but recommended. We do ride if it rains.
- This course contains moderate physical and cognitive activities which must be performed by all.
- Classes are non-transferrable without consent of RiderCourse Center, and are non - refundable.
- Rescheduling is possible with notice and time to fill the vacancy created by the schedule change.
- RiderCourse Center cannot be held responsible for conditions or events beyond its control.